Advertised by Lincoln as a “silent, alert powerhouse,” the Zephyr’s V12 block was based on Ford’s flathead V8 engine. It was the only engine of this type available in its sector at the time. Capable of returning a respectable 14–18 miles per gallon (6–8 kilometers per liter), the 110 bhp unit was expanded in 1940 to 292 cu in (4,785 cc), which generated an additional 10 bhp. The final capacity change came in 1942, when a power plant with 302 cu in (4,949 cc) was fitted.
19. Safety horn 20. Two-