The attractive, practical, timber-clad Traveller was a popular addition to the hugely successful Morris Minor range. It had side-hinged rear doors and a rear seat that folded away to increase space. After the Second World War the Oxford MO replaced the 10. It was introduced in 1948 and was produced until 1954. The design was shared with the Wolseley 4/50.
Designed by Alec Issigonis, the Oxford, along with the similarly styled but smaller Morris Minor, introduced unitary construction techniques. Torsion bar front suspension was another novelty, and hydraulically operated brakes were fitted all around.
Under the bonnet, it used a side-valve straight-4. The single SU-carburetted engine displaced 1476 cc and with its output of 40.5 bhp at 4200 rpm could propel the car to 72 mph. The four-speed gearbox had a column gearchange and steering was by rack and pinion.