Locomotive Compressor Features
Figure 1. Gardner Denver Locomotive compressor features
1. Choice of air or water cooled compressors. Water cooled models have cylinders and valve pockets fully jacketed for maximum heat dissipation.
2. All two-
3. Pistons, rings and cylinders are designed for optimum oil control. Cylinders are manufactured to gauge quality roundness, with tolerances measured in millionths of an inch. Exclusive Gardner Denver piston and piston ring design significantly reduces oil carry over into the air stream.
4. Rifle drilled connecting rods provide pressurized lubrication to the wrist pin for low speed operation.
5. Ductile iron crankshaft, single or double ended, is precision designed and supported by large tapered roller bearings, with drive gear for the oil pump. Bearings have a B-
6. Full flow, spin on oil filter for improved life and reliability.
7. Large oil capacity crankcase prolongs oil life and reduces maintenance costs by lowering oil temperatures.
8. Float with oil level gauge for positive oil level indication.
9. Positive displacement oil pump, gear driven by the compressor crankshaft, provides pressurized lubrication under all operating conditions, including low idle speed.
10. Low lift valves for improved volumetric efficiency and reliability at high engine speeds.
Figure 2. Gardner Denver Locomotive compressor data
Figure 3. Gardner Denver Locomotive compressor-